League leaders Brickfield Rangers picked up a useful 3-1 success at Alyn Park defeating Mold Alex in game which saw a player on each side dismissed. Rangers chief Manager Simon Sedgwick was quick to point out “It was not a dirty game, far from it. They lost Johnny Leonard to a harsh red and we had Nathan Buckley sent off for the most innocuous of shoves. It was the scoreline that pleased me most and after Barry Torrence carved out a 2-0 lead with only 15 minutes gone, we never looked back. Mike Lewis pegged a goal back but Phil Molyneux put the game out of reach with a late penalty.”

Sitting right on their shirt tails are Llanuwchllyn who secured a narrow 1-0 win Hawarden Rangers, grabbing the only goal of the game in the 49th minute was Iwan Roberts with a close range header. They sit just 4 points behind the leaders but have played 2 games more.

After a spell of misfiring, FC Nomads are back in tune and they defeated visitors Penycae 2-0. It was goal-less at the break but once Penycae had player manager Ian Andrews dismissed for a ‘last-man’ challenge, it changed the course of the game. Dave Bryan opened the hosts account in the 49th and there was no way back after Sean Tuck netted a second Nomads goal near the end.

Llay Welfare are enjoying a purple patch which was reflected in their 3-2 verdict at Saltney Town. Matty Worral opened Llay’s account from the penalty spot and Rhys Lloyd doubled their account after Worral paved the way with a fine run and cross. Josh Keir reduced the deficit in the 26th minute. John Rhys Edwards restored Llay’s 2 goal cushion and although Jack Edwards got a 2nd goal for Saltney, Llay hung on for the points with Llay boss Mike Gadie anxious to point the immense contribution Lewis Cole made.

It was League Cup time in Division One and Castell Alun were edged out 3-2 on home soil by Maesgwyn who had a hat-trick hero in Richard Jones. On a mud-bath of a pitch, the Colts did eventually get in gear and despite Josh Price and Kevin Valentine giving them hope, their visitors kept their nerve to book a place in the next round.

Scott Davies and new kid on the block Danny Barlow booked New Brighton a 2-1 pasage to go through against Llangollen.

Overton’s hopes of a decent run in the competition were thwarted by Rhos Aelwyd who trounced their hosts 6-1 with Jamie Rogers and James Haynes netting two goals apiece with Dafydd Robertson and Jake Simm settling their account. Grabbing a lone consolation goal for the O’s was Harry Massey.

The remainder of the days action was cut short by the weather.