We kick off the New Year with Brymbo bossing the proceedings but their game against LEX XI was called off with LEX unable to raise a team.

Brickfield Rangers stole a point in the 91st minute when new signing Dan Barnett volleyed home from a corner on his debut. Rangers were sluggish at best and have another new signing Tom Belton to thank for keeping them in the game, especially in the first half with two outstanding saves and a penalty save on his man of the match debut performance. It was Rangers though who took the lead on 54 minutes when Jamie Samuels headed home from a set piece. The lead lasted only 2 mins though when Chirk deservedly equalised and then took the lead on 65 minutes with Louis Middlehurst netting both goals. Rangers though dug deep and Barnett’s injury time volley earnt Rangers a lucky point at Clywedog.

There were a record number of draws on the card and the FC Nomads clash with Cefn Albion ended up with them sharing six goals and the points, Nomads who had been on target through Jamie Reid, Matty Hill and Brynley Preece but Albion levelled through Olly Davies and an Alex Williams double.

Hawarden Rangers shared a 1-1 draw with Rhostyllen. A Jason Lampkin penalty for Rangers was cancelled out by Steve Jones 3 minutes from time.

Llanuwchllyn also shared the honours ending up 2-2 with Mold Alexandra who had taken a 23rd minute lead through Lee Jones. Rhys Nash doubled Mold’s account but hitting back to salvage a point were Delwyn Jones and Iwan Jones.

Llay Welfare chief Michael Gadie was left to bemoan “It was a very disappointing performance today and if we don’t improve quickly it’ll be a long second half of the season but full credit to Corwen who were excellent from start to finish and they didn’t stop working all game. A goal each from Joe Williams and Sam Henry separated the sides at the break and sealing their 4-0 success was Dale Davies and Williams who bagged his second of the game after Llay failed to deal with a corner.

In the basement local derby battle at Ponciau Banks, a solitary goal from James Haynes gave Rhos Aelwyd a narrow 1-0 victory over Penycae.

After a barren opening half, Queens Park let slip a 1-0 lead carved out by Mike Latham but with 5 minutes remaining, Saltney Town squared things through Shaun Hughes.

Turning to Division One, champions elect Plas Madoc were held to a shock 1-1 draw with Mynydd Isa Spartans. This was the first time they have dropped points all season and Nicky Williams had his goal wiped out by Delly Jones.

Coedpoeth dropped their guard and were beaten fair and square 3-1 by Rhosllanerchrugog thanks to goals from Lukasz Dluzak (2) and Joshua Rush. Netting Coedy’s only goal of the game was Nathan Jones.

Llangollen Town dropped points and were held to 3-3 draw by New Brighton Villa but they had play the majority of the match with just 10 men after Ben Reeley was dismissed early on. Kevin Day went on to convert a hat-trick but Villa deservedly replied through Ste Orsler, Matty Robinson and Grant Spencer from the penalty spot.

Offa Athletic held Rhydymwyn to a 1-1 draw and despite taking a 12th minute lead through Tony Jones, Rhyd hit back through Ryan Edwards.

Turning to Reserves Division, the title race is still a 3 horse race despite one of the favourites Cefn Druids being floored 4-2 at Mold Alex. Doing the damage for Mold were Liam Bruford, Cal Lavelle (2) and Aaron Davies. Toby Nash from the penalty spot and Lewis George reduced the deficit.

Ruthin Town are in poll position after flooring hosts Castell Alun 4-0. On target were Tom Mann and man of the match Luke Appleby who converted a treble.

Chirk AAA’s were worthy 4-1 winners against Brickfield Rangers, on target were Shaun Morris, Caleb Davies (2) and Joe Roberts.

Corwen finished up sharing a 2-2 draw with Hawarden Rangers, two headers by Will Hughes and James Davies accounted for the hosts goals with Tom Janney firing a brace for Rangers.

Shane Prince was star man for Queens Park and he converted a hat-trick as his side defeated Brickfield Rangers 4-2. Luke Hughes on his debut cemented the win.

The leaders of the Colts League, Holywell Town dropped points in a 1-1 draw with Rhos Aelwyd despite taking a 6th minute lead through Jay Cooke, Luke Williams cancelled things out with 3 minutes left.

A brace from Lewis Jones helped New Brighton achieve a 2-1 success against Ruthin Town who replied through Erin Smith.

Penycae slammed Llangollen 6-0, Dan McInnes is coming of age best illustrated by his well crafted treble and completing their tally were Kian Davies, Morgan Daykin and Josh Jones.

Andy Jones and Charlie Bradley combined for Rhydymwyn to sink Mynydd Isa 2-1 who took the lead with a screamer from Harri Mitchell.

Cefn Albion chalked up a 4-2 verdict against Overton Athletic and on target were Aaron Holman (2), Cain Williams and Tom Miller.