Overnight league leaders Queens Park kept up their amazing sequence of results going to cling on to top spot by securing a narrow 1-0 success at Mold Alex. Mikey Latham got the game’s only goal after just 8 minutes.

Brickfield Rangers fell to a shock 2-0 reversal against Corwen with Scott Evans opening the visitors tally with a well-executed volley on the half hour mark. He doubled his account after the interval and then the visitors failed to net a 3rd goal when Jay Tyrrell pulled off a fine penalty save. The Bricky shot-stopper then turned hero to villain getting his marching orders for pulling down Sam Henry. The hosts mounted plenty of pressure trying to salvage something from the match and going close for them was Harley Steele.

FC Nomads defeated Penycae 2-0 and assistant manager Steve Hughes admitted “it was an even opening half but the Penycae defence stayed resolute. It was breached on the half hour by Johnny Crossley. The visitors were left to chase the game when Brynley Priest grabbed a 2nd Nomads goal to seal matters. Penycae boss Ian Andrews was left to reflect “Two mistakes at the back really did prove costly. When you are down at the bottom of the league you somehow at times fail to get the rub of the green but who showed a notable improvement.”

Hawarden Rangers flopped to a 4-1 reversal against Cefn Albion whose man of the match Alex Williams was in sensational form converting a hat-trick. Skipper Paul Griffiths put Rangers out of sight despite Tom Bridges pegging things back to 2-1.

Llanuwchllyn made the most of LEX XI’s dismal spell of form and they polished their visitors 3-0 with strikes from Iolo Jones (2) and Delwyn Jones with 20 minutes remaining.

Brymbo strengthened their title push with a narrow 2-1 win at Llay Welfare. It was an even opening half with Jack Edwards and Luke Taylor rock solid in defence for Llay. After a goal-less opening half, a defensive blunder allowed Jake Prescott to walk the ball into an empty net. Llay pushed for an equaliser but Brymbo came good again through Ryan Clarke so an 87th minute response from Dean Bryan came too little too late. Llay boss Mike Gadie was able to reflect “I thought the response from the lads today was exactly what we asked for, after taking a heavy loss and on the back of two previous poor results. It just wasn’t to be our day and two mistakes cost us at crucial points. I thought Liam Hughes and Matthew Wareham made impressive debuts.

In the local derby at Rhostyllen, the bragging rights belonged to the hosts as they defeated Rhos Aelwyd 3-1. Steve Jones opened their account with a close range header and although Iolo Hughes levelled this local derby, Jamie Richardson scored from a corner and Robbie Gibson added a 3rd right at the death.

Saltney Town and Chirk AAA’s fought out a 1-1 draw and this was after Joe Evans had put Chirk ahead but the Bordermen fought back for a deserved point through Paul Johnson in the 65th minute.

It was League Cup time in Division One and progressing into the next round were Coedpoeth United who scalped Castell Alun 4-1. The visitors bossed the first half and went in at half time 1-0 up through Dan Woosey. It certainly was a different Coedpoeth who came out for the second half to turn the tie on its head. Kev Breeze levelled from the penalty spot and they got their noses in from when Joe Edwards stooped to score with a close range header. Cementing the win with late goals were Luke Hall and Mykel Woolett.

In back to back clashes, Plas Madoc stay on course for a cup and league double after sinking their hosts Llangollen Town 5-2. Making up their nap hand were Nicky Williams, Nathan Buckley with a brace, Richard Lawrence and Keegan Jakov. Hitting back were Kev Day from the penalty spot and Ben Reeley.

Rhydymwyn came good to send New Brighton Villa crashing out 6-3 and on target were man of the match Scott Nelson with a 4 goal salvo, Jamie Wynne and Josh Rimmer. Reducing the arrears were James Beck, Sam Wainwright and Rhys Peers from the penalty spot.

In the league at this level, Cefn Mawr Rangers shared 8 goals and the points in a thrilling 4-4 draw with Overton. Netting for the hosts were Kurt Isaac, Ben Duffy, Ryan Harden and Aaron Blackwell. For Overton, Harry Massey converted a hat-trick and Alan Huxley rescued a point.

A solitary strike from Luke Huntington saw Rhosllanerchrugog secure a 1-0 success over Mynydd Isa Spartans.

It was League Cup time in the Reserves Division and favourites Mold Alex won 3-2 at Castell Alun who had Kev Valentine netting both goals.

Chirk AAA’s demolished Brickfield Rangers 5-0, making up their nap hand were Ryan Lightwood and Joe Roberts with two goals apiece and Matty Cooke.

Corwen came unstuck and went down 3-2 against Hawarden Rangers. Goals from Will Roberts and Andy Roberts were wiped out by Liam Hett with a fine header and a brace from Tom Janney.

Down at the Dunks, Queens Park were narrowly defeated 1-0 by Cefn Druids and a solitary strike from Harry Lucas-Jones booked Druids a semi-final passage.

There was just the one Reserves and Colts League Cup tie and it resulted in Rhydymwyn scalping hosts Cefn Albion 3-2 courtesy of strikes from Steven Lee and a Charlie Bradley double. Callum Taylor and Tom Miller replied.

In the league, Brymbo prospered 3-1 against Coedpoeth United, on target were John Dagnall, John White and Ken Davies. Responding for the visitors was Alan Poole.

New Brighton Villa shared a 2-2 draw with Cefn Mawr Rangers and their marksmen were Nathan Griffiths and Matty Williams.

Overton shared the spoils in a 3-3 draw with Johnstown but efforts from Adam McCloughlin, Lewis Williams and Aled Evans were wiped out by Dave Griffiths, Duane Jones and Callum Parry.

Rhos Aelwyd went down 4-1 at home against Llay Welfare who netted through Kev Hope, Ryan Sadler, Callum Richardson and Dan Richardson. Hitting back was Carwyn Davies.